Category Archives: Squash

Clay Blackiston ’12 – Squash

Clay Blackiston ’12 delivered the following address as a keynote speaker at the 15th Annual PVC Awards Banquet on May 31st, 2012. I’m not athletic. Fellow senior Doug Davis is the second highest scorer in Princeton men’s basketball history behind Bill Bradley. I was banned from playing middle school basketball at recess because I couldn’t grasp the concept of “dribbling.” ... Read More »

Emily Goodfellow ’76 – Field Hockey, Lacrosse and Squash

Princeton Athletics was where I found my own distinctive voice. This is not to minimize the validation I found in pursuing my major (Religion) or in doing my thesis under the guidance of the late Professor Horton Davies, but simply that there on the playing fields of Lourie-Love and in Jadwin I made my mark and found my friends. I ... Read More »

Sally Fields ’73 – Squash & Tennis

Being a member of both the first Princeton Women’s Tennis and Princeton Women’s Squash Teams provided me with unforgettable experiences. The women who were admitted during that time possessed an incredible array of talents and abilities. As the tennis-playing valedictorian of a large public high school in Wilmington, Delaware, I entered Princeton with the Class of 1974, the second year ... Read More »

Wendy Zaharko ’74 – Squash

I had come to Princeton for two very different reasons. First, I was an activist vehemently opposed to the war in Vietnam and Princeton was the national hotbed of the anti-war movement. I wanted to acquire the skills to save the world and to learn civil disobedience by studying at the Woodrow Wilson School. Secondly, I wanted to play squash in ... Read More »

Princeton Varsity Club Princeton Varsity Club  Contact Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy 

© Princeton Varsity Club. All rights reserved.
Scroll To Top