Category Archives: Swimming & Diving

Victor Hsiao ’15 – Swimming & Diving

Two years ago, I left the Princeton men’s swimming team. I thought I would never come back. It didn’t seem worth the effort. I loved the sport, but I thought I had to let swimming go. I had many other things I wanted to do with my Princeton career and the varsity swim team seemed to be something that was ... Read More »

Patrick Biggs ’11

Biggs, a senior captain and All-Ivy performer for the Men’s Swimming team, delivered the following address as a keynote speaker at the 2011 PVC Awards Banquet. “First, I want to thank Gary Walters and the entire Princeton Athletic Community for the opportunity to speak here tonight. I am honored to be standing in front of such a diverse and talented ... Read More »

Helena Novakova ’72 – Tennis, Swimming & Diving

Princeton became my “foster” home during one of the most difficult times of my life, and at the same time a stepping stone on my intellectual journey. I left Czechoslovakia 5 days after the 1968 invasion by Warsaw Pact Army – tanks were stationed in front of my house with angry citizens raising their fists up toward the bewildered Russian ... Read More »

Cathy Corcione ’74 – Swimming & Diving

Against the backdrop of the turbulent events of the late 1960’s, Princeton University announced its intention to admit women. Although the decision was controversial, it placed Princeton at the forefront of a movement to provide equal opportunity for women in our society. When I entered Princeton in the fall of 1970 I was 17 years old and keenly aware that ... Read More »

Princeton Varsity Club Princeton Varsity Club  Contact Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy 

© Princeton Varsity Club. All rights reserved.
Scroll To Top