The Princeton Varsity Club (PVC) is pleased to announce a record class of 10 Princeton varsity student-athletes who have been selected to travel to Vietnam this summer to participate in the Coach for College program, a global initiative aimed at promoting higher education through sports. As part of the Coach for College program, the student-athletes will teach academics, athletics and life skills to 6th, 7th and 8th grade Vietnamese students while working alongside Vietnamese coaches and instructors.
This marks the sixth consecutive year the PVC has sponsored Tiger student-athletes to participate in Coach for College, having now afforded this international service opportunity to more than 35 student-athletes. Two of the summer 2018 participants, Quinn Parker ’18 (women’s tack & field) and Max Schwegman ’18 (men’s track & field), are returning to Vietnam for a second stint in a leadership director-role with the program.
- Joanna Curry ’19 – Women’s Swimming (Vacaville, CA)
- Carlie Littlefield ’21 – Women’s Basketball (Waukee, IA)
- Ben Martin ’20 – Men’s Soccer (Irvine, CA)
- Mackenzie Meyer ’21 – Softball (Lakewood Ranch, FL)
- Quinn Parker ’18 – Women’s Track & Field (Truckee, CA)
- Lindsey Schmidt ’21 – Women’s Track & Field (Eagle, IN)
- Max Schwegman ’18 – Men’s Track & Field (Birmingham, MI)
- Joey Smith ’20 – Softball (St. Louis, MO)
- Chris Wilson ’21 – Men’s Heavyweight Rowing (Atoka, TN)
If you would you like to support any of the above Princeton student-athletes, you can do so by clicking on their name and visiting their personal donation page.
Coach for College is a program open to varsity student-athletes, which aims to increase higher education attainment among disadvantaged Vietnamese adolescents using the excitement and life skills provided by participation in sports-related activities. The program provides American college athletes with an intensive and collaborative service experience that engenders the skills needed to exercise leadership and commitment to positive social change.
Click here to view photos from last summer’s Princeton participants.
To read testimonials from past Coach for College participants and their experiences teaching academics, athletics and life skills, please click the links below.