The Princeton Varsity Club (PVC) is pleased to announce a class of 8 tremendous Princeton varsity student-athletes who have been selected to travel to Vietnam this summer to participate in the Coach for College program, a global initiative aimed at promoting higher education through sports. As part of the Coach for College program, the student-athletes will teach academics, athletics and life skills to 6th, 7th and 8th grade Vietnamese students while working alongside Vietnamese coaches and instructors.
This marks the seventh consecutive year the PVC has sponsored Tiger student-athletes to participate in Coach for College, having now afforded this international service opportunity to more than 45 student-athletes.
2019 Coach for College Participants:
- Samantha Anderson ’21 – Women’s Track & Field (Aberdeen, NJ)
- Ornella Ebongue ’22 – Women’s Rowing (Milton, MA)
- Luisa Chantler Edmond ’22 – Women’s Track & Field (Oxford, England)
- Mateo Godoy ’22 – Men’s Soccer (Los Angeles, CA)
- Connor McCarthy ’20 – Men’s Lacrosse (Sudbury, MA)
- Emily Philippides ’22 – Women’s Track & Field (Greenwich, CT)
- Kazu Shigenobu ’22 – Men’s Soccer (Ridgewood, NJ)
- Nathan Yates ’22 – Men’s Swimming & Diving (San Jose, CA)
If you would you like to support any of the above Princeton student-athletes, you can do so by clicking on their name and visiting their personal donation page.
Coach for College is a program open to varsity student-athletes, which aims to increase higher education attainment among disadvantaged Vietnamese adolescents using the excitement and life skills provided by participation in sports-related activities. The program provides American college athletes with an intensive and collaborative service experience that engenders the skills needed to exercise leadership and commitment to positive social change.
Click here to view photos from last summer’s Princeton participants.
To read testimonials from past Coach for College participants and their experiences teaching academics, athletics and life skills, please click the links below.