Category Archives: Community

Tommy Wornham ’12 – Football

On October 12th, Princeton football student-athlete Tommy Wornham ’12 joined PVC members, Princeton coaches, student-athletes, and administrators at the Class of ’56 Lounge in Princeton Stadium for the PVC Fall Coaches Luncheon. Wornham, a senior quarterback and team co-captain, gave the following address. I visited many different schools during the recruiting process, just about all of the Ivy League schools ... Read More »

Sardinha, Princeton Men’s Soccer “Kick” A-T!

On Saturday, October 15th, the Princeton Men’s Soccer team took on two opponents at Roberts Stadium: the Columbia Lions, and Ataxia-Telangiectasia. A-T is a rare, degenerative disease affecting children as early as age two. Manny Sardinha ’12 learned about the disease during his junior year at Princeton, and decided to do something about it Sardinha applied for and received PVC Service Circle ... Read More »

Steven Cody ’12 – Football

On October 12th, Princeton football student-athlete Steven Cody ’12 joined PVC members, Princeton coaches, student-athletes, and administrators at the Class of ’56 Lounge in Princeton Stadium for the PVC Fall Coaches Luncheon. Cody, a senior linebacker and team co-captain, gave the following address. I am truly honored to speak on behalf of the PVC and the football team today.  Walt Disney ... Read More »

Weapons of Mass Construction: By the Year

“One of the great things about Princeton University is that any three or four students can get together and form a course.” Year Five – Fall 2012, Spring 2013 2012-13 marked the fifth year and two installments of the Weapons of Mass Construction community service initiative spearheaded by the PVC. In the fall, 40 student-athletes helped to build the Ghandi ... Read More »

Bert Kerstetter ’66 – Football

Bert Kerstetter ’66 gave the following address while sitting on a panel of former Princeton student-athletes during Reunions Weekend 2011. The discussion focused on the myriad ways that the panelists’ undergrad and post-graduate experiences have been shaped by their participation in intercollegiate athletics. It was entitled “The Post-Game Show: Putting the Values of Princeton Athletics into Practice,” and was moderated ... Read More »

Alexandra Douwes ’11

Douwes delivered this speech as her keynote address at the 2011 PVC Banquet on May 26, 2011. An All-Ivy, All-Region, and NFHCA National Academic performer, Douwes grew up in the Netherlands before attending Princeton. “I would like to start with a short poem that is a favorite of John Wooden’s, one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time at ... Read More »

Patrick Biggs ’11

Biggs, a senior captain and All-Ivy performer for the Men’s Swimming team, delivered the following address as a keynote speaker at the 2011 PVC Awards Banquet. “First, I want to thank Gary Walters and the entire Princeton Athletic Community for the opportunity to speak here tonight. I am honored to be standing in front of such a diverse and talented ... Read More »

Princeton Athletics Strikes Trenton with Weapons of Mass Construction

In April, over 130 Princeton student-athletes, coaches, administrators, and faculty fellows headed to Trenton/Hamilton border to contribute to the renovation process at Mill One, a future “sustainable urban village.” Representatives of 12 Princeton athletic programs spent the afternoon working in and around a 240,000 square foot, 110-year-old textile mill which will serve as a mixed-use, environmentally-friendly “campus” when completed. The ... Read More »

Peter Quimby

Peter Quimby, former Deputy Dean of the College and current Headmaster at the Governors Academy, delivered the following address upon receiving the Princeton Varsity Club Award for Distinction at the 2011 PVC Banquet. During his time at Princeton, Quimby served as an Academic-Athletic Fellow for the Field Hockey and Men’s Ice Hockey programs, and as Princeton’s Faculty Athletics Representative to ... Read More »

Becket Wolf ’97 – Lacrosse

Becket Wolf ’97 gave the following speech at his induction to the New Jersey Lacrosse Foundation’s Hall of Fame. Along with his submission, he notes: “What Princeton gave me is exceptional, and that is why I’m giving back.” January 30, 2011 I would like to thank the New Jersey Lacrosse Foundation, the Committees of the North and South Chapter, Peter ... Read More »

Princeton Varsity Club Princeton Varsity Club  Contact Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy 

© Princeton Varsity Club. All rights reserved.
Scroll To Top